Pro-life Groups Plan Major Prayer and Public Witness at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.
CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 31, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ — The groups will announce their plans at a news conference on Friday, June 1, at 11:00 A.M.
The location will be at the plaza at the Time Warner Arena, the site of the DNC, at 333 East Trade Street in Charlotte, N.C.
The organizations plan to publicly highlight the radical pro-abortion policies of President Obama along with his hostility toward religious freedom.
Abortion and religious freedom will be major issues in the 2012 Presidential election campaign.
The groups hopes to see scores from Charlotte and around the nation participate in the event which will include: prayer vigils and rallies seeking God for the healing of our nation, calling on President Obama and praying for him to embrace life, family, marriage, religious liberty and human rights and justice for all.
Other activities will include such things as: leaving 3,300 flowers at the Time Warner Arena to remember and honor the 3,300 children who die every day from abortion, prayer at local abortion clinics, live public ultrasounds will be performed so children in their mother’s womb will be able “speak” to President Obama and rallies with African-American leaders focusing on the high rate of abortions in the black community.
Rev. Patrick Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition in Washington, D.C., states:
“We are coming to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte to be a loud, public, prophetic voice for human rights and justice.
“Sadly, President Obama has become the most pro-abortion President in America history putting abortion above helping the victims of sex-trafficking and religious freedom.
“His attack on the First Amendment through his HHS mandates has made protecting religious liberty and freedom a major issue among the faith community and a key issue in the election this November.
“We will be on the streets of Charlotte to show the nation that President Obama has embraced and supported a radical pro-abortion agenda through his policies over the past four years. The President’s views are so extremist, that he even wants Americans to pay for abortions, with their tax dollars, in his healthcare plan.”
Brice Griffin, of the Charlotte Coalition for Life, adds:
“In his speech to Notre Dame’s class of 2009, our President said: ‘Let’s work together to reduce the number of women seeking abortions by reducing unintended pregnancies, and making adoption more available, and providing care and support for women who do carry their child to term. Let’s honor the conscience of those who disagree with abortion, and draft a sensible conscience clause, and make sure that all of our health care policies are grounded in clear ethics and sound science, as well as respect for the equality of women.’
“It is time, finally, to ask our President to stand behind his words. The time for him to prove himself is NOW. Show me your ‘clear ethics and sound science’ that prove that women in the womb deserve less than those of us who are lucky enough to have survived the abortion holocaust, with or without our own abortion experience. This culture of death is not welcome in Charlotte, President Obama!”
- DNC marks 100 days to President Obamas speech in Charlotte (charlotteobserver.com)
- Groups to hold pre-Democratic convention protest (sfgate.com)
- State Becoming Political Headache For Dems (huffingtonpost.com)
RIP: Father Weslin, A Lion of God for Babies, Has Left This Life — Video of Father Weslin Being Arrested at Notre Dame
Videos of Father Weslin Being Arrested will be posted at www.ProLifeWarrior.com.
At 8:39 P.M. EST May 16, Father Norman Weslin left this life. He was 81 years old.
Contact: Juan Lepanto, 304-289-3700
WASHINGTON, May 17, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ — Father Weslin was best known as the founder of “Lambs of Christ.” Lambs of Christ was a group of highly dedicated, sacrificial pro-life activists who would pray and get arrested at facilities where babies are murdered, and then spend weeks…sometimes months…in jail.
His life, leadership, and love touched thousands of lives across America, and other countries.
Some highlights of Father Weslin’s sacred service include:
- He was ordained a Catholic Priest in Oblates of Wisdom, Based in St. Louis, in July 1986.
- For many years he ran The Mary Weslin Home for Unwed Mothers in Colorado. The home was unique in that Father Weslin welcomed women who had older children as well. Over 250 souls found help under his care. (The home was named after father Weslin’s deceased wife who was killed in a car accident in the early 1980s.)
- He was a Retired Lt. Colonel from the U.S. Army. His service included time in South Korea, and management of Nuclear weapons.
- He was arrested and jailed over 100 times, including some historic campaigns for the pro-life movement, and jailed over a year (accumulated) in various states. He was:
- Arrested at Notre Dame in 2009. He made international news as he carried a cross on campus and was arrested for Protesting Obama’s speech;
- Arrested at Nancy Pelosi’s office protesting against “Obamacare” in 2010;
- Arrested at the Democratic National Convention in Denver in 2008;
- Arrested during Operation Rescue’s siege of Atlanta in 1988;
- Was arrested twice at Leroy Carhart’s abortion mill in Omaha Nebraska. He went inside, knelt down in front of the women waiting to kill their baby, and begged them to let their babies live.
“Father Weslin was one of the most courageous, gentle, powerful, unflinching and sacrificial men I have ever known. I had the privilege of being arrested with him, having him stay in our home, travelling with him, and celebrating Sacraments with him. His presence will be sorely missed; his memory truly beloved.” — Randall Terry
- Pro-Lifers Win First Amendment Victory in Sioux Falls (americanclarion.com)
- LifeNews Pro-Life News Report 5/14/12 (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)