TBN Reaffirms its Commitment to Global Television Outreach
LOS ANGELES, May 4, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ — As Trinity Broadcasting Network prepares to celebrate 40 years as the trail-blazing leader in Christian television, its passion and vision remain surprisingly simple: to reach a desperately needy world with the life-changing Gospel of Jesus Christ.
And as TBN founder Dr. Paul Crouch recently concluded an eight-week global trek to visit TBN’s family of networks on nearly every continent, he returned home both encouraged and challenged. “Over the past two months I’ve witnessed some amazing miracles of God’s grace and power as I’ve met with the men and women who man our TBN networks in Europe, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East,” said Dr. Crouch. “The great news is that even in the midst of trying economic times and unprecedented political and social turmoil, God is empowering TBN to reach more homes and individuals in more countries than ever before with 24/7 television that is changing lives and helping to forge destinies.”
Among the many examples of the network’s ever-expanding influence across the world:
- TBN is reaching more people in strategic areas of India through its campaign to provide cities, villages, churches, homes, and orphanages with satellite dishes. While in New Delhi Dr. Crouch met with Pastor Priyantha Senapatiratne, who has helped install many of the thousands of satellite dishes given by TBN, enabling millions more individuals throughout the nation to experience TBN’s impacting presence. Dr. Crouch shared a letter from one individual in New Delhi changed through TBN programming. “My family and I are now saved,” wrote this individual. “I need more of God in my family’s life. Please help.” Said Dr. Crouch: “This is where our heart is, to help people find Christ.”
- TBN has worked closely with the government of Russia to get both TBN and its exclusive Smile of a Child network into homes and orphanages throughout this troubled country. “These two special Russian language networks are on the air now,” announced Dr. Crouch, “and millions of individuals and families are being touched through TBN in a land where the Gospel was once prohibited.”
- With the help of TBN Russia, the network has launched TBN Shalom, a Jerusalem-based channel dedicated to broadcasting Christian television to the millions of Russian Jews who have returned to Israel over the past 30 years. In fact, Israel’s parliament acknowledged the network’s service to the country by presenting TBN Shalom with an official trophy of commendation for its outreach to the many Russian emigrants and other Israelis who have been encouraged and helped by the network. “We give all the glory to God,” Dr. Crouch emphasized.
- Through its 24-hour Arabic Healing Channel and Nejat TV in Farsi, TBN is reaching out to a massive Islamic and Middle Eastern demographic in desperate need of the Gospel message.
Matt Crouch, TBN’s Vice President of Administration, noted that every week TBN receives thousands of letters and e-mails from individuals around the world whose lives have been changed through watching one of TBN’s 16 global networks. “While we are encouraged, we’re also challenged by the vastness of what God has called TBN to do,” he said. “We are deeply grateful that through the prayers and financial support of our faithful partners, He continues to use TBN to broadcast life-giving television throughout the world. It is a work that won’t end until Jesus returns.”
- TBN’s Smile of a Child Offers the Best in Wholesome Kid’s TV (faithinspires.wordpress.com)
- TBN Partners with Joel and Victoria Osteen for Special D.C. ‘Night of Hope’ Broadcast (faithinspires.wordpress.com)
- TBN Founder Paul Crouch Sr. Pays Tribute to Charles Colson (faithinspires.wordpress.com)
- TBN Responds to Articles, Allegations Concerning Network Finances (faithinspires.wordpress.com)